The project funds is a financial assistance by which an organization or a private person allocates or grants funds to a third party to support a project.
The German Government through financial cooperation (KfW) has provided project funding of 4,000,000 million Euros that WASF manages to support a Project of the Sustainable Management of Reserves in northern Benin (PGDRB).
The aim of the project is to consolidate the structure of the National Center for the Management of Wildlife Reserves (CENAGREF) to improve the management of national parks especially in the areas of administrative and financial management, development of its conservation activities, As well as monitoring and ecological monitoring. The six products funded by the (PGDRB) are:
- professionalization of administrative and financial management of the Executive Direction of the WASF;
- strengthening governance parts of the WASF;
- monitoring portfolio management and raising additional funds;
- setting out and monitoring operations in favor of North Benin Protected areas;
- support – Consulting in governance and management Protected Areas in the North of Benin;
- promoting the expansion of the WASF adjacent Protected Areas of the WAP.